Sunday, December 22, 2013

Brown Sugar Bacon Smokies

I'm not sure I've ever brought these to a get together, provided them during a football game, or offered a plate during a BBQ that I've heard a complaint about their presents yet… or for that matter, lasted very long at all.

I love them because they are so easy and delicious… Nate loves them because they "man friendly" …

My first problem with them, is that they are double the protein, therefor you are able to pile in twice as many, before realizing you would have been sufficiently happier with a fourth of the amount consumed.

My second problem with them, is that for as easy as they are to make, I never think to make them…

Now that they are blog official, I hope they become one of my top 'go-to's… which I'm pretty sure they will…
 photo LilSmokiesampBacon_zpsc6097054.jpg
Brown Sugar Bacon Smokies

1 package of lil' Smokies
1 package of bacon {maple bacon is good too, just cut the brown sugar, if use it at all!}
1 handful of brown sugar
Toothpicks

Preheat over to 400*
Cut bacon into thirds.
Wrap one lil' Smokie with 1/3 of bacon strip.
Skewer with toothpick.
Place in 9x13 pan.
Repeat until all Smokies are bacon wrapped. 
Sprinkle brown sugar on top of Smokies.
Cook at 400* for 10 minutes, toss, cook for 5-10 minutes more {keep an eye on them after the first 10 minutes, sugar will burn if forgotten about…. and smoke up the house… not to mention the ridiculous stickiness to the pan that's almost impossible to clean… so I've heard}

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment