Thursday, January 16, 2014

Quick Read-to-bake Bananas

This little tip, totally belongs to my friend Jess. She sent me a text with the descriptive words "mind blowing" attached and I have to agree, she's spot on.

Every time I buy a bunch of banana's… the kids always eat all but two…. then I wait, wait, wait, for these banana's to turn bake ready, drawing fruit flies all the while… once they are "perfect", I do one of two things…. use them… or throw them in the freezer to save, until I have enough banana's for whatever recipe I intend to use them for.

Then Jess, messaged me…. in turn, blowing my mind….

I feel like I'm so in love, I could scream it from the roof top… but because my only neighbor Bob is already desensitized to the ridiculous things I yell outside, I don't feel it will have been done the justice it deserves… nor do I get that "baker" vibe from Bob…

So instead, I will "scream" it from here…

 Read-to-Bake Bananas

Pre-heat oven to 200*
Put banana's on foil lined baking sheet
Bake for 20 minutes {maybe a little more depending on ripeness of bananas}
VOLIA!

Make your self some banana bread.
Bake those Chunky Monkey Muffins I'm always going on about. 
Banana Pancakes anyone?

Now listen, this not only makes them soft and smooth for baking purposes, but completely sweetens them in an amazing and natural way… I've cut the honey/sugar amount in most recipes because of it.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment