Monday, September 8, 2014

Addie's Addition: Tomato Basil Alfredo {One Pot Pasta Meal}

Allow me to introduce my friend Addie.



She's 12 and in 7th grade, but more importantly this girl knows her way around the kitchen. So it's only naturally that her and I are teaming up to share some of her culinary creations...

The best part, she cooks the delicious
I eat the delicious
and then her mom cleans up the dishes from the delicious.

Two outta three isn't bad for what I consider to be a win in my books.

And now that school has started back full swing Addie's first Goodnyou? Recipe is perfect for a quick, easy, one pot pasta dish. 

Perfect trifecta of sorts, if you ask me.
And wicked good too. 



Addie's Tomato Basil Alfredo

Dice
-1 medium onion
-2 gloves garlic

Quarter slice
-1 box of cherry tomatoes



In large pan, heat
-3 Tablespoons oil

Add onion, garlic, and tomatoes

Pour in
-4 Cups of water

Add
-1 small box of linguine

Chop and toss in
-3 large handfuls of basil {save some for garnish after}


Bring pot to a boil
Turn down to simmer
Stir occasionally until water is reduced and pasta is cooked


Stir in 
-1 to 1.5 cups of your favorite Alfredo sauce

Garnish with extra basil
Serve


And then thank Addie for taking away the stress and prep that usually come with a meal this amazing. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment