Monday, October 15, 2012

Granola


Granola is one of my most favorite and delicious go-tos. I consider it a fall/winter snack, seeing as I go to extreme lengths to avoid turning the oven on at all during the spring/summer season. Unfortunately, that also means sacrificing the presence of granola in my pantry. 

But it's not summer anymore and my pantry is once again feeling complete with the granola filled Mason jar in its rightful place. 


Photobucket


In small bowl, mix together
1/3 cup Honey (or maple syrup)
1/3 cup canola oil
1/4 cup water

In large bowl, mix together
3 cups old fashion oats
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup pecans
1/4 cup walnuts 
{Or whatever nut combo you want. I just try to stay within the 3/4 of a cup range}

Cover oat mixture with honey mixture and spread it onto a greased cookie sheet, bake @ 200* for about 30-40 minutes or until it's no longer moist to the touch.

Pull it from oven, sprinkle any dried fruit on top and let cool.

Once cooled, break up and store in mason jar.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment