Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Short Ribs

These short ribs are delicious, easy, and at first read of the ingredients, are a total turn off to most people.

Trust me when I say, don't.be.most.people.

They couldn't be more yummy, hearty, and house warming.

Photobucket


2 large onions
2 TBS water
2 lbs short ribs
1-2 cups of ketchup
Salt & Pepper

Preheat oven to 300*.

Choose a casserole dish with a cover {you could use your croc pot too, but I don't… nor would I…ever… but you're your own person… go ahead….I wont judge…or will I?}.

Coat dish with oil spray.  Layer bottom of dish with one sliced onion, pour in the water, evenly place short ribs on top of onion layer, spread second sliced onion on top of the ribs. Pour ketchup over it all. {I'm usually rather liberal with my ketchup pouring, so I use closer to 2}

Cover and after cooking for an hour, stir, recover and let cook for 45 minutes more {or until short ribs pull apart easily}

For a thicker sauce {which I prefer…. prefer spread over creamy mashed potatoes of course} remove cover for the last 20 minutes of cooking.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment