Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Shrimp & Peas

Shrimp and peas is something I could eat every day and never seem to remember to make it even once a year.

Recently, I was informed that it's also called "Shrimp Pea Wiggle", which confused me and caused for a great descriptive discussion between my friend and I.

I had once had said "Shrimp Pea Wiggle" and it was presented in a tomato based form and in my opinion, hard to choke down.

This, is not hard to choke down.






















You'll need….

2 Tbs butter
1-2 Tbs flour
1 Can peas {half heartedly drain the peas, saving some of its juice}
1 sm can shrimp {you can use cooked fresh shrimp as well, but this is one instance I prefer the canned}
1/2-3/4 cup milk
Saltines

Start by making a rue {or is it rux?… this is up for discussion} in the bottom of a small sauce pan, by adding the butter to melt and then whisking in enough flouring until the butter is all absorbed and clumpy.

Slowly whisk milk into rue, until it's creamy, but not too thick.

Add peas with remaining juice and stir.

Add drained can of shrimp

Salt and pepper to taste

Top saltines or toasted english muffin with Shrimp & Pea deliciousness.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment