Monday, March 10, 2014

Pizza Dough

I have weird hopes attached to the food memories for my kids. 
Pizza is one of them. 

I imagine my kids, as adults, telling their own kids about Friday night pizza nights and whatever happy memories we've created along the way to go with them. 

I also imagine them complaining about how "Mom would never keep the recipe the same! never the same dough. never the same sauce. she'd make one that was great one week and then change it completely the next."

I have weird hopes attached to the list of complaints for my kid's therapist too.

But I'm getting of topic here…

Pizza dough, yes.. 
It's so versatile. 
Use beer, instead of water.
Add in pesto.
Throw some sun dried tomatoes paste into the mix.
Doesn't adding parmesan sound like a no brainer?

I'm getting ahead of myself here, lets just start with the basics and go from there.



Pizza Dough

In bowl or mixer add
-1 Cup of hot water

Mix in water
-2 Tbs Honey
-1/2 tsp salt

When honey and salt are dissolved add
-1 Tbs dry active yeast

Let set in bowl for 5 minutes or until yeast is happy and bubbly

Add
-1/4 cup of oil to yeast water

Mix in 
-2.5 cups of flour {I use a half/half white/wheat combination} 

At this point add flour gradually until dough is a formed ball and not sticky to the touch. 
-1/4 cup flour at a time

Cover with saran wrap and let set for 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
{sometimes I preheat the oven to 200*, turn it off, and set bowl in there for 20 minutes to speed to process}

Punch down.
Half.
Spread on greased pan.
Makes enough for 2 pizza pan rounds.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment